Follow These 6 Steps to Start at Your Favorite University and Get Your Chosen MBA or Master's Specialization.
The IBSA Dual Master’s Degree Program is based on the collaboration of five universities offering five different specializations to the students pursuing the program. They will start the one-year program by studying the core modules (semester one), which are exactly the same in all five schools, and then relocate to another partner university to study their preferred specialization (semester two) and write their master’s thesis (semester three).
Each university has its own accredited degree program, which are all part of the IBSA Dual Degree Master’s program. Students have to apply for the specific accredited degree program of their chosen university for the core modules semester.
Follow these steps to apply for the IBSA program:
- At the time of application, you must select a specialization (which must be a different partner university than the one you will attend for the core modules). In other words, you should make a decision about both universities you would like to attend at one time.
- Once you’ve made your choices, you should apply to the unique accredited degree program of your chosen university for the core modules (‘core modules university’). At the same time, you will also declare (in the application to the core modules university) your choice for preferred specialization in the second semester.
- If the ‘core modules university’ wants to admit you, they will inform the ‘specialization university’ of your acceptance and transfer the documentation to them. There is no need to apply at the ‘specialization university’, too. If there are any questions left, the second university will contact you directly.
- The first university (‘core modules university’) will formally admit you into the program.
- At this point you formally accept a spot as a new student in the IBSA program (and should also make your first scheduled payment).
- If necessary, apply for a visa.The visa application process might be lengthy.
- Have an awesome year!
The chart below identifies all of the accredited degree programs from which IBSA students can select, depending on their university of choice.Apply
All five accredited degree programs of the IBSA Dual Degree Master's Program
Make your choice for the core modules and apply for your chosen accredited degree program
|International Graduate Center, Germany||International MBA|
|University of Valencia, Spain||International Master’s Degree in Business Administration|
|RANEPA, Institute of Business Studies Moscow, Russia||International Master in Management, Double Degree|
|University of North Carolina Wilmington, USA||International MBA|
|University of Hertfordshire, Great Britain||Global Business (Dual Award)|
When does which term starts at which university?
Mostly every partner starts its term at a different time. But, nevertheless, you can combine all of them to your liking. Choose your prefered University and start there with the core modules. Afterwards you can specialize in one out of five business specializations at our partner universities and write your master thesis about your chosen focus area.
|University||1st Term||2nd & 3rd Term|
|HS Bremen, International Graduate Center||Beginning of October||Beginning of February|
|Universitat de Valencia||End of September||End of January|
|RANEPA, Institute of Business Studies Moscow||2nd week September||1st week February|
|University of North Carolina Wilmington||Beginning of September||Beginning of February|
|University of Hertfordshire||End of September||Mid-January|
Charlotte Horder, UK
For students seeking a practical and challenging international experience, rather than simply theoretical knowledge, this course can prove to be an incredibly rewarding choice for those with an open mind.